10 Plastic Welding Accessories That Can Instantly Improve Your Efficiency
Having the right hot air tool is key for superior plastic welding performance, but did you know that accessories can play an equally important role in boosting your efficiency?
Sometimes accessories fall to the wayside—especially if they aren’t offered as a part of a package or a seller doesn’t carry them. However, their value is undeniable.
Accessories for Hot Air Hand Tools
No matter the plastic welding application, there’s likely an accessory that you can pair with your hot air hand tool.
Below, we outline a few options and how they can improve your productivity and safety.
1. IHS 14mm Threaded Adaptor Nozzle (Push-Fit): The IHS 14mm Threaded Adaptor Nozzle can be screwed directly onto a user’s Leister speed welding nozzle, which prevents the downtime that can sometimes be caused when using the push-fit nozzle functionality. Plus, this IHS-brand nozzle is offered for a fraction of the name-brand cost and can be outfitted across a variety of name-brand tools, including the IHS Type 1600 Hot Air Tool, Forsthoff Oval Q Hot Air Tool, Leister Diode S & PID Hot Air Tools, and more.
2. IHS 10mm Threaded Adaptor Nozzle (Push-Fit): Like the IHS 14mm Threaded Adaptor Nozzle, the 10mm Threaded Adaptor Nozzle can be both screwed onto a welding nozzle and be used as a push-fit nozzle. This versatile accessory can also be used in conjunction with a variety of nozzle attachments and tools, including the Ritmo HD-Pro Flow-Line Hot Air Tool and Ritmo Sphera Flow-Line Hot Air Tool.
3. Steinel HG Scan Pro Infrared Temperature Scanner: In lieu of a temperature probe, the Steinel HG Scan Pro Infrared Temperature Scanner saves users time by quickly recording the surface temperature of the material you’re welding. In addition, because this scanner tracks the surface temperature of the material, users don’t need to perform time-consuming test welds.
4. Carrying cases: Carrying cases, such as the Steinel HG 5000 Carrying Case and Forsthoff Metal Hot Air Tool Carrying Case, improve the lifespan of your hot air tools by protecting them when they’re not in use.
5. Power Tech Power Distribution (Spider) Box: The Power Tech Power Distribution (Spider) Box serves as a centralized station with safety in mind. In fact, all of its outlets have circuit breaker overload protection and all U-Ground outlets are GFCI protected.
Accessories for Extruders
When you’re in need of higher productivity or output, you may decide to use an extrusion hand welder instead of a hot air hand tool.
To help continue improving your performance, take a look at several accessories that can be used with your extruders.
6. Head adaptors: Head adaptors allow users greater flexibility and control when welding in difficult-to-reach areas, such as above their head. These adaptors can help perform these challenging welds the first time around, helping remove the possibility of re-performing bad welds. Some of these include the Munsch MAK-MEK 18 & 25 Angular 45-Degree Head Adapter, Munsch MAK-MEK 18 & 25 Angular 90-Degree Head Adapter, HSK 45-Degree & 90-Degree Angle Head Extruder Tip Adaptors, Ritmo Angular 45-Degree Welding Shoe Head Adapter, and Ritmo Angular 90-Degree Welding Shoe Head Adapter.
7. Munsch Coupon Cutter: The Munsch Coupon Cutter has the ability to easily secure geomembrane samples, which can be an otherwise time-consuming task.
8. HSK Heat Blanket: Designed for model HSK 18 to HSK 40 Extrusion Welders, the HSK Heat Blanket both protects your tool from heat loss—thus reducing the time it takes to heat up—and protects the operator from direct contact with the hot tool.
9. HSK Air Station Dual Air Flow 230V Air Compressor: When you’re in need of continuous airflow, air compressors like the HSK Air Station Dual Air Flow 230V Air Compressor can provide the power you need to complete jobs in harsh environments.
10. Munsch Dual Welding Rod Dispenser: Designed for applications that require the use of more than one extruder or hot air tool, the Munsch Dual Welding Rod Dispenser allows users to quickly make welding rod changes. It also reduces welding rod twisting and provides ideal rod suspension, which allows for great efficiency and reduced downtime.
Accessories for Your Every Plastic Welding Need
When buying a tool at IHS, you don’t have to worry about searching elsewhere for accessories. Contact us so we can help outfit your hot air tool or extruder with accessories designed to boost your efficiency and reduce downtime.
- Robert Heater